Nutrisystem has just launched #NowBelieveIt, a social empowerment campaign highlighting the positive power compliments play in the lives of women and young girls.
Nutrisystem has also partnered with Girl Talk (MyGirlTalk.org), an international non-profit peer-to-peer mentoring program focused on helping teens build self-esteem, develop leadership skills and recognize the value of community service. Through a $25,000 donation, Nutrisystem is supporting the organization’s annual girls leadership summit and scholarship program activities throughout the year.
The power of a simple compliment is under-appreciated.
According to an online survey conducted by Harris Poll within the United States on behalf of Nutrisystem, statistics on compliments are intriguing:
- 94% of women remember the last time they gave someone a compliment
- 83% of women remember the last time they received a compliment
- 38% of women say it is difficult for them to accept compliments
Compliments are being given but not accepted, ultimately begging the question – why are women so hard on themselves?
- A girl's confidence level starts to plummet as early as 9-years old? The dynamic starts early and is long-lasting.
- As many as 70% of teens feel they don’t measure up in some way, and an incredible 80% of 10-year-olds are afraid of being fat.
- By high school, just 29% of girls said they feel “happy the way I am”
I have a ten year old daughter and know that so sadly this is true. Please join me in this movement. #NowBelieveIt