In 1997, Old Orchard Brands expanded beyond its frozen juice business to begin bottling various fruit juice beverages from its family-owned and run operations in rural Michigan. The year 2017 marks the 20th anniversary of Old Orchard’s bottled juice business, which has grown to become one of the leading shelf-stable juice brands in the country. To celebrate, Old Orchard will be giving away two FREE truckloads of juice – one truckload to its fans, and one truckload donated to local food pantries. Thirsty fans can enter to win their share of the bounty via the Bottle Bash Sweepstakes on Old Orchard’s website.
The world famous Harlem Globetrotters, featuring some of the most electrifying athletes on the planet, will bring their spectacular show to Las Vegas on Feb. 9th. The famed team will feature a star-studded roster that includes Big Easy Lofton, Ant Atkinson, Hi-Lite Bruton, Thunder Law, Bull Bullard and Cheese Chisholm - plus female stars TNT Lister and Ace Jackson - the Globetrotters' one-of-a-kind show is unrivaled in the world of family entertainment. Every game will showcase incredible ball handling wizardry, rim-rattling dunks, trick shots, hilarious comedy and unequaled fan interaction. You won't want your family to miss it - use promo code FUNFAM to save 25% off your tickets. http://www.harlemglobetrotters.com/tickets
**Disclosure: Product was provided, no monetary compensation was received.
New for Xbox and PS4, comes something a bit different than what we are use to when thinking gaming headsets. Turtle Beach has introduced the Stream Mic - the first of its kind professional desktop microphone created for streaming directly from your Playstation 4 or Xbox One. It's also compatible with PCs or Macs. The Stream Mic comes with universal compatibility via a USB plug that allows you to switch between consoles or your PC. Worried that you can talk, but not hear? Turtle Beach has you covered, with a zero-latency headphone output that provides accurate monitoring. We haven't tried using Twitch, but I have heard our son talking about, so maybe one day we'll get around to giving it a go. But for now he already spends way too much time in front of the screen! lol! With Stream Mic, your Twitch, YouTube and MLG.tv streams will never sound the same again! Take a look at the video below to give you more of an idea what the Stream Mic is!
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Smiths Food and Drug. I was provided with a gift card to help facilitate this review.
Do you ever feel like you just don't have time to run to the grocery store? In between work, chauffeuring the kids and their friends around, making sure there's always dinner on the table, making sure the bills are paid, cleaning the house and everything in between, when do we honestly have time to go to the store. And when we are able to squeeze it in, it can be quite a task to pick up only what we need with kids in tow. Smith's Food & Drug Stores are stepping up to the plate and giving us a resolution to this very problem. Introducing - Smith's ClickList!
**Update** Some locations are now offering same day pickup!
Once you place your order a specially-trained ClickList Smith's associate then handpicks your items based on personal preferences provided. Special attention is given to the selection of the produce and other perishable items. The products are then stored appropriately until you arrive. When you arrive to the store, you need to look for the clearly marked pick-up area to notify the ClickList team of your arrival, purchase your order and have the groceries quickly loaded into your car.
- No minimum or maximum order required
- No need to get out of your car - pay and pick up in your vehicle
- Online prices reflect the prices in stores on the day an order is picked up
- Over 40,000 items to choose from with more being added!
- Free for your first three orders, $4.95 thereafter
- Digital coupons loaded to your card will automatically be applied to your order at pick up and discounted from the total. Paper coupons can be presented and redeemed at the time an order is picked up
- Order selectors will hand select produce, meat & seafood items for each order with quality and freshness as a top priority.
- You can add specific instructions to every item you select. For example, when ordering bananas, you can specify if you want "green bananas only"
For more information & to start your ClickList visit:
As we approach the new year, we wanted to share the latest from Whole Foods Market – who announced their top 10 trends for 2017! This year’s predictions came from Whole Foods Market’s experts and industry leaders who source items and lead trends across the retailer’s cheese, grocery, meat, seafood, prepared foods, produce and personal care departments, and spot trends for the retailer’s more than 465 stores.
- Wellness Tonics – the new year will usher in a new wave of tonics, tinctures and wellness drinks that go far beyond the fresh-pressed juice craze. The year’s hottest picks will draw on beneficial botanicals and have roots in alternative medicine and global traditions. Buzzed-about ingredients include kava, Tulsi/holy basil, turmeric, apple cider vinegar, medicinal mushrooms (like reishi and chaga), and adaptogenic herbs (maca and ashwagandha). Kor Organic Raw Shots, Suja Drinking Vinegars and Temple Turmeric Elixirs are just a few products leading the trend.
- Products from Byproducts – Whether it’s leftover whey from strained Greek yogurt or spent grains from beer, food producers are finding innovative – and delicious – ways to give byproducts new life. Eco-Olea is using water from its olive oil production as the base for a household cleaner line; condiment brand Sir Kensington’s is repurposing leftover liquid from cooking chickpeas in a vegan mayo; and Atlanta Fresh and White Moustache are using leftover whey from yogurt production to create probiotic drinks.
- Coconut Everything – (this is my fav! I love anything coconut) Move over coconut oil and coconut water – coconut flour tortillas, coconut sugar aminos and more unexpected coconut-based products are on the rise. Virtually every component of this versatile fruit-nut-seed (coconuts qualify for all three!) is being used in new applications. The sap is turned into coconut sugar as an alternative to refined sweeteners; the oil is used in a growing list of natural beauty products; and the white flesh of the coconut is now in flours, tortillas, chips, ice creams, butters and more. New picks like coconut flour Paleo wraps, 365 Everyday Value Fair Trade coconut chips and Pacifica Blushious Coconut & Rose Infused Cheek Color demonstrate coconut’s growing range.
- Japanese Food, Beyond Sushi – Japanese-inspired eating is on the rise and it doesn’t look anything like a sushi roll. Long-celebrated condiments with roots in Japanese cuisine, like ponzu, miso, mirin, sesame oil and plum vinegar are making their way from restaurant menus to mainstream American pantries. Seaweed is a rising star as shoppers seek more varieties of the savory greens, including fresh and dried kelp, wakame, dulse and nori, while farmhouse staples like Japanese-style pickles will continue to gain popularity.The trend will also impact breakfast and dessert, as shoppers experiment with savory breakfast bowl combinations and a growing number of mochi flavors like green tea and matcha, black sesame, pickled plum, yuzu citrus and Azuki bean. This is playing out in products like 365 Everyday Value® Sweet Sabi mustard, Republic of Tea’s new Super Green Tea Matcha blends and recipes like Coconut Mochi Cakes.
- Creative Condiments – From traditional global recipes to brand new ingredients, interesting condiments are taking center stage. Once rare and unfamiliar sauces and dips are showing up on menus and store shelves. Look for black sesame tahini, habanero jam, ghee, Pomegranate Molasses, black garlic purée, date syrup, plum jam with chia seeds, beet salsa, Mexican hot chocolate spreads, sambal oelek or piri piri sauce, Mina Harissa, and Frontera Adobo Sauces (Ancho, Chipotle and Guajillo varieties).
- Rethinking Pasta – Today’s pastas are influenced less by Italian grandmothers and more by popular plant-based and clean-eating movements. Alternative grain noodles made from quinoa, lentils and chickpeas (which also happen to be gluten free) are quickly becoming favorites, while grain-free options like spiralized veggies and kelp noodles are also on the rise. That said, more traditional fresh-milled and seasonal pastas are having a moment too, which means pasta is cruising into new territories with something for everyone.
- Purple Power – Richly colored purple foods are popping up everywhere: purple cauliflower, black rice, purple asparagus, elderberries, acai, purple sweet potatoes, purple corn and cereal. The power of purple goes beyond the vibrant color and often indicates nutrient density and antioxidants. Back to the Roots Purple Corn Cereal, Jackson’s Honest Purple Heirloom Potato Chips, Que Pasa Purple Corn Tortilla Chips, Love Beets and Stokes Purple Sweet Potatoes are all examples of this fast-growing trend.
- On-the-Go Beauty – “Athleisure” is not just a fashion trend; the style is now being reflected in natural beauty products, too. With multitasking ingredients and simple applications, natural beauty brands are blurring the line between skincare and makeup products, and simplifying routines by eliminating the need for special brushes or tools. Trending products include Mineral Fusion 3-in-1 Color Stick, Well People Universalist Multi-Stick and Spectrum Essentials Organic Coconut Oil Packet.
- Flexitarian – In 2017, consumers will embrace a new, personalized version of healthy eating that’s less rigid than typical vegan, Paleo, gluten-free and other “special diets” that have gone mainstream. For instance, eating vegan before 6 p.m., or eating paleo five days a week, or gluten-free whenever possible allows consumers more flexibility. Instead of a strict identity aligned with one diet, shoppers embrace the “flexitarian” approach to making conscious choices about what, when and how much to eat. Growing demand for products like 365 Everyday Value Riced Cauliflower (used for clean-eating favorites like gluten-free pizza crusts), Epic Bison Apple Cider Bone Broth and Forager Cashew Yogurt point to growth in this clean-eating category.
- Mindful Meal Prep – People aren’t just asking themselves what they’d like to eat, but also how meals can stretch their dollar, reduce food waste, save time and be healthier. Trends to watch include the “make some/buy some,” approach, like using pre-cooked ingredients from the hot bar to jumpstart dinner, or preparing a main dish from scratch and using frozen or store-bought ingredients as sides. Fresh oven-ready meal kits and vegetable medleys are also on the upswing as shoppers continue to crave healthier options that require less time. Whole Foods Market’s Freshly Made video series highlights the kinds of recipes and ingredients shoppers are seeking.
**Disclosure: Operation North Pole hosted our visit to help facilitate this feature.
I don't want to show you too much of the workshop, some has to be to your imagination, but let me tell you - that is where the fun is! Those elves! They love to play and have fun with the kids! There are benches for the adults if they want to just sit back and it's a good time to get some video or pictures in. They have craft tables set up where the kids can make ornaments. But you definitely will not find the elves just sitting there! They are like a bunch of kids themselves - singing, playing games, joking around and simply just having a good time with the kids. Every child also receives a stuffed bear to take home with them. After at least a half hour in the Toy Workshop, we headed to Mrs. Claus Kitchen where she was busy making cookies. We all took a seat at the table while she told us about the reindeer out back. The cookies were passed out with some hot cocoa. My daughters favorite part was Mrs. Clause going around to each of us individually, sprinkling our cookies with her "dust" and giving us some inspiration for the year. It was on a very personal level and the kids, especially our daughter loved that. The final room of the evening, was yes, you guessed it! Santa's room! It was very beautifully decorated! We came to the conclusion, that this just might be the real deal! The kids enjoyed that he was very talkative with them, engaging in conversation, which made them feel as if he was really listening to them. They do not allow any photography in Santa's room, but they do have an elf in the room taking pictures that you can purchase on your way out. The room is so beautifully done, I would recommend getting the whole family in the picture, it would be a great pic for those holiday cards!
All in all, I highly recommend Operation North Pole! This is something that the kids will look forward to year after year! Bring your camera and get ready for an experience to remember!
Operation North Pole Facts:
- Over 3,000 square feet of fun!
- 75 minute experience
- The entire North Pole was put put together in two weeks!
- Location: Tivoli Village at 440 S Rampart Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89145
- Children 0-18 months are free
- Tickets are $36
**The two ladies who are behind the magic are very passionate about children and generously give back to several local charities including Marty Hennessy Inspiring Children Foundation, Boys and Girls Club and Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation of Nevada.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.opnorthpole.com
Connect with Operation North Pole via the following links: