On this Memorial Day we honor those who have served and those currently serving. Thank you & God Bless you!
As we head into a holiday weekend, we wanted to leave you with two new clips from Disney/Pixar's Finding Dory!
“Just Keep Searching” on Google for Second Clip!
The second is found by searching for “Finding Dory” on Google now to discover a new clip featuring Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) and Hank (Ed O’Neill)! In an experiment with Google Search – a first for any film – anyone searching for “Finding Dory” on Google will be presented with new & exclusive FINDING DORY content (Videos, Animated GIFs, Images, etc), updated in real–time on both desktop and mobile.
When I first started seeing her, my hair was in dire need of some love. My hair was a bronze orange lol for real! She took me out of that to a beautiful red for the winter. I absolutely loved it!! Now I am transitioning back to light brown with highlights for the summer time. She def has the patience and will work with you to get your hair healthy and beautiful! I'm always undecided as my mind flurries with different ideas. I will always go over them with her and with her knowledge and experience she always knows what is best and hits it on point!
Visit Beauty Addiction on Facebook to check out some examples of her work!
While spring is in full gear, as a Mom, sometimes it can be just too tiring to whip up a meal. Here in Vegas we are feeling the heat which bears us down even more. With busy schedules on top of that, sometimes the best remedy is a quick, easy, tasty meal that everyone can sit down and enjoy. Marie Callender's has hit the nail on the button featuring 16 handcrafted meals raning from $6 to $9, the Crave & Save Menu is served all day long and includes items such as Gourmet Grilled Cheese with Bacon, Marie Callender's famous Quiche with Salad, Bacon, Cheese, Avocado Hasher and a hearty Fish & Shrimp plate. Check out the full menu below and make sure you keep reading! At the bottom, you'll find ways to win a gift card to try the new menu yourself!!
CRAVE & SAVE MENU – MARIE CALLENDER’S
Three Cheese Omelette
A fluffy three-egg omelette loaded with jack, cheddar and Swiss cheeses. Served with tater tots.
Four Cheese Ravioli and Wedge Salad
Cheese ravioli in a tomato-cream sauce topped with toasted parmesan bread crumbs. Served with a wedge salad.
Gourmet Grilled Cheese with Bacon
Grilled parmesan sourdough, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese and crispy bacon. Served with fries.
Bacon, Cheese & Chile Quesadilla
Two flour tortillas stuffed with crispy chopped bacon, three-cheese blend and mild Ortega chiles, topped
with sour cream and Pico de Gallo. Served with fries
Sliced red onion, mushrooms, poblano peppers, red bell peppers and zucchini, grilled and nestled inside
soft corn tortillas with cheddar, jack and Swiss cheeses. Topped with roasted corn, black beans, avocado
and Pico de Gallo.
Marie’s Magnificent Six
Two eggs** any style, two pancakes and two bacon or sausage.
Bacon, Cheese and Avocado Smasher
Tater tots covered with scrambled eggs, chopped bacon and melted cheese. Topped with fresh avocado.
Fettuccine Alfredo and Salad
A perfect portion of Fettuccine Alfredo paired with your choice of side salad.
Chicken Waldorf Salad Sandwich
Chicken waldorf salad made with fresh apples, cranberries and raisins, topped with lettuce and tomato on a wheat ciabatta. Served with fries.
Spicy Chicken Sandwich
Grilled chicken breast topped with melted habanero jack cheese, lettuce, tomato and spicy mayonnaise on a toasted bun. Served with fries.
Two sliders with home-style meatloaf, port caramelized onions and sharp cheddar cheese. Served with fries.
Fish & Shrimp Plate
A hand-dipped beer-battered sole fillet paired with three jumbo shrimp fried to a crispy golden brown.
Served with fries and almond coleslaw.
Open-faced Hot Turkey Sandwich
Fresh roasted turkey, apple sage stuffing and our signature turkey gravy over grilled sourdough bread. Served with fresh mashed potatoes.
Applewood smoked bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, mayonnaise and fresh avocado on toasted sourdough. Served with fries.
Quiche and Salad Combo
Our famous baked quiche with melted, aged cheddar and jack cheese. Topped with Applewood smoked
bacon and a tomato slice. Served with your choice of side salad.
Grilled, breaded and spiced hamburger patty, topped with Marie’s brandy-mushroom sauce. Served with fresh mashed potatoes
****Share with us which menu item you would get. Extra points for posting pics of you enjoying a meal at Marie Callender's! You can reply to us on any of our social media outlets including - Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. We'll pick a few winners now through June 3rd! Good Luck! ***** US resident's only. Must be 18 or older to participate.
Dunkin’ Donuts to Host 3rd Annual Celebrity Restaurant Challenge for Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation Camp Cartwheel
Dunkin’ Donuts Las Vegas franchisees are turning over their restaurants to some very special individuals for a very special cause. Dunkin’ Donuts is hosting its third annual “Celebrity Restaurant Challenge” from 10 a.m. to noon, today, May 20. Local celebrities and personalities will be working at select Dunkin’ Donuts locations to raise awareness for Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation’s Camp Cartwheel.
NVCCF’s Camp Cartwheel is an outdoor three-night camp experience designed to help children with cancer or other critical illnesses, as well as their siblings, overcome the physical, mental and emotional obstacles posed by childhood disease. Last year’s event raised more than $12,000, allowing the organization to send 50 children to Camp Cartwheel!!
Participants for this year’s event include:
- The cast of Counting Cars on The History Channel - 3481 S. Durango Drive (Durango Road and Spring Mountain Road)
- The cast of FANTASY at the Luxor Hotel & Casino - 171 Gibson Road, Henderson, NV, 89014 (215 Beltway and Gibson Road)
- Pro BMX Rider Ricardo Laguna and Lisa Song Sutton, host of “Live with Lisa” on Cox Channel 96 - 5959 West Sahara Avenue (Sahara Avenue and Jones Boulevard)
- The casts of Marriage Can be Murder, Defending the Caveman and Adam London Laughternoon at The D Hotel & Casino - 6295 S. Rainbow Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89118 (Rainbow Boulevard and Post Road)
- Cast members from Legends in Concert at the Flamingo Hotel & Casino - 409 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89183 (Silverado Ranch and Bermuda Road)
- The cast of Menopause the Musical, Harrah’s Hotel & Casino - 6795 Tropicana Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89103 (Tropicana Avenue and Rainbow Boulevard)
- B-Boy Benstacks from Supercr3w with The Blend DJ Institute - 11710 W. Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89135 (West Charleston Boulevard and 215 Beltway)
- Miss Nevada Organization - 5861 W. Craig Road, Las Vegas, NV 89130 (Craig Road and Jones Boulevard)
- JayR Beatbox - 7430 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89123 (Las Vegas Boulevard and Warm Springs Road)
- Dao Vu, TV Personality - 6935 N. Durango Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89149 (Deer Springs Way and Durango Road)
- Brittney Cason, co-host of BS in the Morning with Brittney and Sparks on KOMP 92.3 - 3350 E. Tropicana Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89121 (Tropicana Avenue & Pecos Road)
- Comedian Matt Kazman from Tropicana Hotel & Casino - 7250 S. Durango Dr. #100, Las Vegas, NV (Warm Springs Road and Durango Road)
- Las Vegas Fire & Rescue and Javelin Broderick, Motocross Racer #814 with MotoAmerica - 10100 S. Eastern Ave., Henderson, NV 89052 (St. Rose Parkway and Eastern Avenue)
- Rosario Grajales, RosarioKnows.com, blogger and Hispanic TV Personality - 4125 S. Eastern Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Flamingo Road & Eastern Avenue)
- Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation - 5485 Simmons Street, North Las Vegas NV 89031 (Ann Road and Simmons Street)
Dunkin’ Donuts Las Vegas franchisee groups will donate funds to Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation that match the gross sales generated from 10 a.m. to noon on today, May 20. Purchase of Dunkin’ K-Cup packs, Dunkin’ Donuts merchandise and gift cards do not apply.
For more information about the Dunkin’ Donuts “Celebrity Restaurant Challenge,” please visit www.LVDonuts.com. For more information on Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation and its Camp Cartwheel, please visit www.NVCCF.org.
About Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation
The Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation (NCCF) is a local non-profit organization providing services in Southern Nevada since 1993. Our goal is to improve the quality of life for critically ill children and their families living in our community. When a child is diagnosed with cancer or other life threatening illness they can look to the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation for support, hope, and courage.
The mission of the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation is to provide social, emotional, educational, and psychological support services and programs to families of ALL children diagnosed with life threatening or critical illnesses such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, sickle cell, hemophilia, renal disorders, and immunologic diseases and provide healing arts and wellness programs to adults touched by cancer and to chronically ill children and their caregivers.
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for 10 years running. The company has more than 11,700 restaurants in 43 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
Our family, especially our daughter are huge cheese eaters! You won't believe how fast our family can go through a block of cheese!! I love to pick up different kinds of cheese at the store and try different ones. Murray's Cheese, New York's iconic cheese shop established in 1940, has introduced a line of Murray's branded, charcuterie, cheese and grocery items. Launching in Murray's New York City locations and online at murrayscheese.com, the items are also available at 270+ locations in the Kroger family of grocery stores.
We were given a variety of samples and one that really stood out was Greensward. Now you know the saying, not to judge a book by it's cover, right? You have to keep this in mind when shopping cheeses! Sometimes the best ones will be the least picked up! I can honestly say that I am so glad we had an opportunity to sample this one as it's not something I would have picked up in the store. I was very much pleasantly surprised when I cut it open - def not what I expected!! The lush, intense flavors are perfect for adventurous palates! It was so creamy and smooth; spreadable cheese that paired up perfectly with Murray's Apple Butter!! Yum!
Some of their new items include:
• Murray’s Prosciutto di Parma: Meticulously selected pork legs, trimmed then hand-rubbed with sea salt and aged for at least 20 months in fresh Parma air. A meat and cheese lover’s classic.
• Murray’s Genoa Salami: Heritage pork raised in open pastures, seasoned with pepper and fresh garlic. After being slow-aged to perfection, it’s ready to be sliced into your sandwich, antipasto or hearty salad. Genoa’s lovely texture makes it unintimidating for cured meat beginners.
• Murray’s Calabrese Salami: When you’re ready for an extra kick, this heritage pork is infused with Sangiovese for sweetness with a kick of cayenne and paprika. Although the heat isn’t enough to overwhelm, it pairs well with rich cheeses, especially creamier Italian favorites like La Tur.
• Murray’s Blueberry Preserves: Fresh blueberries are slowly added to a simmering base of earthy plums and lemons. The result is a sweet but not overly tart breakfast treat. It’s made to pair perfectly with cheeses, but it works great on peanut butter sandwiches or crisp scones.
• Murray’s Apple Butter: Crisp apples simmered in cider, brandy, cinnamon and allspice makes a smooth spread that brings you right back to the moment mom’s apple pie came out of the oven. The warm, autumnal flavor is a natural match with roast meat and nutty, caramel-like cheeses.
• St. Mark’s: St. Mark’s is a creamy, woodsy cow’s milk cheese inspired by the French classic, Saint Marcellin. This bloomy baby comes out of our caves in a little terra cotta crock and begs to be thrown in the oven to have its complex flavors enjoyed as a personal fondue pot.
• Hudson Flower: Young wheels of rich sheep's milk cheese get an exciting new groove as they’re rubbed with herbs including rosemary, elderberry and lemon thyme. The bright herbs impart robust piney and floral aromas to make for an unforgettable complement to the creamy paste.
• Greensward: Greensward’s cow’s milk perfection doesn’t hold back. The spreadable cider-washed rind comes out of Murray’s aging caves in a bark-wrapped wheel that imparts a deep woodsiness onto the velvety smooth paste.
Founded in 1940 in the heart of Greenwich Village, Murray's Cheese is one of New York's most beloved cheese shops. The mission of Murray's Cheese is to bring the best cheese selection to the United States and to educate customers about cheese. Murray's flagship stores on Bleecker Street and in Grand Central Station's food market offer hundreds of domestic and imported artisan cheeses, along with a large selection of specialty goods. Through an exclusive partnership with Murray's, the Kroger family of stores features more than 270 Murray's Cheese counters across the U.S.
Kroger Family of Stores Hiring 14,000 Employees
Holding Nationwide Hiring Event May 14 at
Every Supermarket Location from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Every Supermarket Location from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
**I know people that work for this company and they totally love it! They say that the company really takes care of it's employees and it's like one big family**
The Kroger Co. announced that it will hold open interviews in its stores nationwide on Saturday, May 14, to fill an estimated 14,000 permanent positions in its supermarket divisions.
Interested candidates can apply online at jobs.kroger.com and return to a store on May 14 between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. (no appointment necessary).
“We have openings across the country for friendly, hard-working associates to join our team,” said Tim Massa, Kroger’s group vice president of human resources and labor relations. “We are looking for people who are passionate about making a difference for customers and communities – and want to do it in a fun, team environment with great benefits and advancement opportunities.”
Over the last eight years, Kroger has created more than 74,000 new jobs. This figure does not include jobs created as a result of capital investment, such as temporary construction jobs, nor does it include increases due to the company's mergers.
Kroger's total active workforce grew by more than 9,000 during 2015. More than 90 percent of the new jobs are in the company's supermarket divisions, ranging from full-time department heads and assistant store managers to part-time courtesy clerks and cashiers. The company hired more than 7,000 veterans in 2015, and has hired more than 35,000 veterans since 2009.
Every day, the Kroger Family of Companies makes a difference in the lives of eight and a half million customers and 431,000 associates who shop or serve in 2,778 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering – a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service – in addition to our 2,231 pharmacies, 784 convenience stores, 323 fine jewelry stores, 1,387 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of America’s most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. A leader in supplier diversity, Kroger is a proud member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable.