*Disclosure: GIV Mobile provided us with review units along with service for one month to help facilitate this review. No monetary compensation was received.
GIV Mobile is the first no-contract wireless plan that is dedicated to donating 8% of a customer’s monthly bill to a nonprofit charity of their choice. GIV Mobile supports a variety of charities including charities that aim to support the well-being of families. These include Ronald McDonald House Charities, The Children’s Aid Society, Mercy Housing, Kids In Need Foundation and Scholarship America. These charities provide families and children with shelter, food, education about nutrition, medical services and scholarships and educational support. GIV Mobile is not only a great affordable plan, but it allows customers to effortlessly donate to great nonprofit charities just by using their phones. This is what drew me most to GIV Mobile, our family is big on charity and so when we can incorporate this into our purchases, its a bonus! We got to use the service and have to say, we had less problems, less drops than we do with our major carrier that we currently have. I was pretty impressed, especially with the low rates and all that it covered, it'd be perfect for a teen or anyone looking for a simple but unlimited phone service!
With GIV Mobile, customers may choose from two affordable no-contract plans to use with a GIV Mobile phone or their own unlocked, GSM phone:
· $40/month Unlimited Everything - talk, text, MMS, International text and web (first 250MB up to 4G/3G speeds) on all 4G enabled phones and smartphones.
· $50/month Unlimited Everything - talk, text, MMS, International text and web (first 2GB up to 4G/3G speeds) on all 4G enabled phones and smartphones.
After choosing a plan, customers are able to select up to three charities from eight different categories that will receive a monthly donation. Charities include:
· Animal Welfare: American Veterinary Medical Foundation, National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, PetSmart Charities, WCS Wildlife Conservation Society
· Arts, Culture & Humanity: The Academy of Natural Sciences, Archaeological Conservancy, Fractured Atlas, Little Kids Rock, StoryCorps
· Education: Children's Scholarship Fund, Donors Choose, Kids in Need Foundation, Scholarship America
· Environment: American Rivers, The Conservation Fund, The Nature Conservancy, The Wilderness Society
· Health: Alzheimer's Association, American Cancer Society, Commonweal, Patient Services Incorporated
· International: Camfed USA, Doctors Without Borders, Direct Relief International, United States Fund for UNICEF
· Human Services: American Red Cross, The Children's Aid Society, Dress for Success, Feeding America, Ronald McDonald House Charities
· Public Benefit: American Endowment Foundation, Carnegie Institution for Science, Mercy Housing, Taproot Foundation, United Way Worldwide
On a bi-annual basis, GIV Mobile will have a period of open submissions during which members can nominate new organizations for inclusion. Then, members can vote to decide which new charity will be added to GIV Mobile’s service.
“It’s great to see one of our valued partners using wireless technology built on our network for charitable purposes,” said Doug Chartier, senior vice president for T-Mobile, USA, Inc. “PTel is a true innovator, and GIV Mobile is a fantastic example of that.”
GIV Mobile wireless service will be exclusively available at www.givmobile.com . Consumers can sign up now to “Answer the Call” and start supporting their favorite charity while talking on one of the nation’s largest and fastest 4G networks.