Help us inspire kids to be Joy Makers this holiday season! On Monday, November 19 Hasbro and generationOn launched their 3rd annual holiday giving campaign, asking kids to care, share and give joy by engaging in an act of service. For every act of service by a young person, Hasbro will donate a toy to Toys for Tots, up to 100,000 toys.
The recent hurricane in the northeast is going to affect the holiday season for many kids and their families. There is no better time to give back than now. Kids want to get involved and the 2012 generationOn Holiday campaign is a great way to spread joy and bring positive change to the community.
Now through December 18, parents and kids can visit generationOn.org to learn how they can make a difference, and make their act of service to the world go further. Here is a brief list of tips for parents to inspire their kids to engage in acts of service:
· Be a role model by committing to an act of service and allowing your kids to see you in action.
· Make it fun through picking an act of service that incorporates your children’s passions, hobbies and/or special talents.
· Celebrate your service by helping your child pick a charity to donate neglected toys and outgrown clothes to and explaining to them that they’re making room for their holiday gifts, while giving to those who can’t afford new things.
· Enlist family and friends and find a group activity to participate in, like going to a food bank or participating in a park clean up or organizational walk.
· Show them the rewards and encourage your children to see how they are helping others by delivering donated goods to the families in need.