According to the National Center for Health Statistics, 26 million Americans battle chronic seasonal allergies, while those with milder symptoms reach 40 million. Combating allergies is not fun, believe me, I think some nights I get up three times just to blow my nose! Just a little cleaning can reduce some of the most common symptoms of allergies home. Here are some simple steps to reduce allergens like dust mites and mold that may be present in homes:
- Wash bedding regularly in hot water to reduce the amount of waste left by dust mites that cause allergy symptoms and / or asthma
- While children are sleeping, keep your stuffed animals in a plastic bag in the freezer for several hours. The cold will kill dust mites, which are considered major causes of allergies.
- Mops such as the ReadyMop make the task of cleaning the floor easy, this helps to prevent irritants from spreading through the air
- Collect the dust quickly with wipes such as Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, to reach places where dust can accumulate as the heads of the beds, windows and surfaces for counters
- Use cleaner with bleach, like Clorox Clean-Up with Bleach to clean and disinfect tubs, showers, shower curtains, sinks, ceramic tile, glass fibers and synthetic marble. This will help prevent the growth of any mold.