Today we're continuing with Lexus Family Safety Camp Week with a look at Lexus Enform with Safety Connect and Child Restraint Seat Tether Anchor with the HS 250h (above). Now while as a Mom I don't think of Lexus as being a first choice when thinking of a family vehicle is sure would be near the top of the list when it comes to technology. You can almost go on the road and take your office with you and not miss a thing....but that can be dangerous too for those trying to tear themselves away from some work! Like in the previous post I am going to try and keep this as short as possible - so lets get to it!
Destination Assist (optional)
- Connecting drivers with a live operator 247
- Assisting with directions or points of interest sent directly to your GPS System
- Selecting multiple points of interest via www.lexusdrivers.com
- Sending from any computer directly to your vehicle's navigation system (LOVE IT)
- Providing up to 200 destinations; 20 folders with 10 points of interest per folder
- Providing Emergency Assistance (SOS) and Enhanced Roadside Assistance
- Stolen Vehicle Location Information
- Automatic Collision Notification
Stephanie Trombrello, a founder and executive director of SafetyBeltSafe U.S.A. was on site to give us a lesson on seat belt safety and the proper way to fit your child in the correct type of seat. My youngest son, pictured below has been anxious to get out of his booster seat - but news to us, and him....he has many more years in that seat!! Did you know that your child needs to ride in a booster seat from age four to age 10-12!! Your child should sit comfortably in the sit as pictured below.
SafetyBeltSafe U.S.A. offers this 5-step test to help you determine if your child still needs a booster seat -
- Does your child sit all the back against the auto seat?
- Do the child's knees bend comfortably at the edge of the auto seat (pictured above)
- Does the belt cross the shoulder between the neck and arm?
- Is the lap belt as low as possible, touching the thighs?
- Can the child stay seated like this for the whole trip?
We've learned so much at one day of Lexus Family Safety Camp and we have one more day to bring you......hope your taking away some great information!