When you are trying to lose weight, it can be difficult on your own! During the three months on the program, there's been many times when I have had a question or just at a lost on what to eat or if I'm even eating the right things. One of my favorite things about the Nutrisystem program is the support you get, not only from the Nutrisystem community, but also from their counselors! While I do have a specific counselor that I work with (Rachel) I do understand that she has a life too and is not always available when I need her. At those times, I have simply logged into the site and was able to chat live with another counselor who was available. I wanted to get a bit more personal with the counselors and learn more about them so I asked Rachel (my counselor) to give me a quick little bio along with some helpful tips! This is what I received, below - thanks Rachel!!
Here is a little bit about myself and the other Counselors here at Nutrisystem!
I have been a Counselor at Nutrisystem for a year and a half. It is great to interact with so many different people throughout the day, and hear so many inspiring stories. The Counselors are here for answering questions on the phones, on live chat, and through email. We can be reached on the phone from 7:00 A.M.-12:00 A.M. EST. In addition, we also have Action Teams where we meet and discuss how to make our members' experience on the program better. I am on the ‘Healthy Living Action Team.’ I have a degree in Nutritional Sciences, and I love any interactions about new diet trends, foods, and overall healthy living.
I have done the Nutrisystem Program for a couple of months at a time in the past 2 years. Personally, I feel that it is a good way to keep portions in check throughout the day and not even have to think about being on a "diet." The foods are so convenient when on-the-go. Everyone is so busy these days, we may feel like we never have time to eat. The Nutrisystem plan gets rid of that excuse, reminding you that there are great choices to make to eat healthy throughout the day.
Top 5 Tips
1. Water! Always go for at least 8 servings of 8 ounces of water. Staying hydrated is important for the body, and it also helps to keep us satisfied.
2. Don’t eat too little! I know it sounds bizarre, but it is important to find the balance between eating too much and eating too little. If we exercise too much and don’t take in enough calories, then we may run into some trouble.
3. Vegetables! The non starchy vegetables are great low calorie foods to help you stay full. Plus, they have good nutrients and fiber. They may seem bland, but there are many ways to make them more interesting.
4. Find a buddy! No, you don’t have to both be on the same diet, or same weight loss plan. But you both have a common goal! You can motivate each other to stay on track. It may also help keep you more accountable, and make going out to eat a little easier.
5. Get creative! Keep it interesting. Add vegetables to an omelet or on top of a pizza. You want to keep a variety so that it doesn't seem like a "diet". Food can be exciting!