Spinning rooms, harsh bright lights, pounding pain on one side of your head and nausea; some of the many symptoms of migraines. I remember as a little girl, laying on the couch with a cold, wet wash cloth over my forehead crying and crying because I was in so much pain. It sometimes seemed to last for days. Migraines run of the female side of my family. My mother and grandmother both lived with migraines. I'll be honest, I'm not a real big fan of prescription medication, especially having to take it everyday just to prevent migraines. After living with migraines for over 30 years, I have learned to pretty much live with them and live my life around them. For the past few years I have turned to Excedrin to help me get through. Excedrin is my best friend when it comes to treating migraines. This is really the only thing that works for me when I'm in a bind.
Excedrin Migraine and the National Headache Foundation teamed up to conduct a survey that brings to light just how much people with migraines suffer - and how eager they are to lessen and pain and and reduce the disruption in their lives. And what's even more remarkable are the trad-offs people would make if they didn't have to endure the pain of a migraine.
For example, did you know that:
- The average migraine lasts for 12 hours for those who don’t take any medication
- Nearly two-thirds (61%) of adult migraine sufferers would willingly wait in a long line rather than suffer from migraine pain
- A third (33%) would give up five percent of their annual salary
- Other workers would toss their vacation days (26%) or weekends (17%)
- And more than half (52%) would rather visit in-laws
There are many different ways to manage migraines. There is no simple solution and every treatment plan should be individualized.
- Perhaps the most important tool in tracking migraines is a migraine diary. It is used by doctors to track potential triggers and patterns related to your migraine. It helps you track food you eat when migraines occur, duration of migraines, type of pain, amount of sleep, etc.
- Aerobic exercise has been shown to make an appreciable difference in reducing migraines and promoting a general sense of well-being. Even if you walk only 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drinking plenty of water will help you keep hydrated and can help prevent the frequency of migraine incidents.
- And, when migraine pain does set in, consider finding a quiet place to rest, applying a cool compress to the back of your neck.
- Talk with your doctor about an over-the-counter pain reliever like Excedrin® Migraine, which starts to relieve migraine pain in 30 minutes.
- For more tips and insights, please visit www.execedrin.com/migraine.
About Excedrin Migraine
- Excedrin Migraine, a trusted brand, offers convenient and fast relief for migraine pain. In fact, in clinical studies, Excedrin Migraine starts to relieve migraine pain in just 30 minutes.
- With Excedrin® Migraine, you’ll get fast and effective relief and get on with your life. Excedrin Migraine is the first non-prescription medicine approved by the FDA to treat all the symptoms of a migraine.
- Excedrin Migraine is the #1 Neurologist recommended over-the-counter pain reliever for migraine pain relief.
- Excedrin Migraine contains acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine.
- Excedrin Migraine is available in Geltabs, Tablets and Caplets.
- See your doctor for diagnosis of migraines and treatment options.
Check out http://on.fb.me/ExcMigO2O to see real migraine stories, and share your tips and suggestions with other sufferers.
Visit the Migraine Center at www.excedrin.com/migraine for more information on migraine relief
Disclosure: “This is a sponsored post. Migraine relief and relaxation kit were provided by Novartis Consumer Healthcare, the makers of Excedrin® Migraine; my journey for a migraine free experience is my own.”