Good Housekeeping is the go-to resource for millions of women – and now the magazine’s expert advice is available on the App Store with the Good Housekeeping @Home App. The Good Housekeeping @Home App is the perfect resource for the juggling act of a busy home life. Good Housekeeping’s first app features do-it-all cleaning tips, in-depth stain removal advice, simple and elegant decorating ideas and a complete directory of Good Housekeeping Seal products. Good Housekeeping @Home also automatically updates regularly with news and tips about holiday style, organizing, crafts, gardening and more. Created with Zumobi, a premium mobile app network that publishes and monetizes branded media apps, Good Housekeeping’s free app launches with Macy’s as the inaugural advertiser.
The app features the magazine’s popular Stain Buster tool, an A to Z encyclopedia of stain removal advice for fabric, carpet and upholstery. The Good Housekeeping Research Institute, the magazine’s state-of-the-art product testing laboratory, receives thousands of inquiries a year from panicked people with problem stains and cleaning concerns. Now, the Research Institute’s unp aral leled advice is available 24/7 with one mobile app.
Good Housekeeping @Home provides a complete directory of the 5,000+ products that currently have the Good Housekeeping Seal or the Green Good Housekeeping Seal, an environmental extension of the primary Seal. Every product that has earned the Good Housekeeping Seal has been evaluated by the Research Institute and carries a limited warranty: if the product proves to be defective within two years of purchase, Good Housekeeping will replace the item or refund the consumer. Good Housekeeping @Home users can search Seal products either by product category or by name.
“This app is an incredibly useful tool,” said Rosemary Ellis, editor-in-chief of Good Housekeeping. “Whether you are shopping for mascara or a microwave, you can easily find products that have the protection of the Good Housekeeping Seal, and the Stain Buster puts our solutions right at your fingertips, making it easy to act fast.”
The Good Housekeeping @Home App has six key content/functionality areas that include:
- Stain Buster: An A to Z encyclopedia for removing smudges, spots and spills from fabric, upholstery and carpet.
- Do-It-All Cleaning: From stainless steel refrigerators to marble countertops, surface-by-surface, easy to follow, no-fail cleaning advice.
- Good Housekeeping Seal: Searchable by product or category, a complete directory of more than 5,000 products that have earned the Good Housekeeping Seal and the Green Good Housekeeping Seal, an environmental extension of the primary Seal. Users can also learn about the Good Housekeeping Research Institute, the magazine’s state-of-the-art product testing laboratory.
- News and Tips: Relevant and timely articles, advice and information including organizing, DIY projects and unique crafts. The content will be updated regularly to guarantee users are referring to new and fresh material.
- Home Décor Gallery: From major room makeovers to updating accessories, the Home Décor Gallery includes hundreds of inspiring photos that are sure to help users find a new look for any room in the house.
- Social Media Integration: The Good Housekeeping @Home App integrates with Facebook and Twitter allowing members to share content in the social media world.
****article courtesy of Good Housekeeping