This month, Wellspring Camps, the leading weight loss organization for young adults and families across the U.S. has come up with a few healthy salad recipes for National Salad Month this May! We all know how important it is to keep our kids and families eating healthy, but Wellspring has made it easy with these delicious salads that the whole family will enjoy!
- : A tasteful mix of seasoned white beans and peppers that is only 77 calories and 0.3 grams of fat
- Grilled Asparagus & Sweet Pepper Salad: A colorful delicious dish with only 64.2 Calories, and 0.78 grams of fat
- Egg Salad: Everyone enjoys egg salad, and this recipe will keep you guilt free with only 30 calories and 0.6 grams of fat
Keeping your family happy and health is important, and at Wellspring, they make is easy to enjoy a delicious meal without the guilt! I love a good salad, but sometimes it can get confusing on what to add without adding a ton of extra calories and at the same time the same salad all the time can get boring also! This May for Salad month, try these healthy salads, or visit the Wellspring website for more delicious recipes!
White Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
1-15 oz can navy or
4 oz Red Bell Pepper, diced
2 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp Scallions, sliced
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Clove Garlic, minced
Salt to taste, drained and rinsed
Mix all ingredients together. For the best flavor, let salad sit in refrigerator for an hour.
Grilled Asparagus & Sweet Pepper Salad
servings – (4)
1 pound of fresh asparagus spears
1 medium orange bell pepper
1 small or medium red onion
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tablespoons of
- preheat grill to 375 degrees
- prepare vegetables for grilling by trimming off rough ends of asparagus, cutting the pepper in half and removing the seeds, and slicing the onion.
- grill asparagus for only 2 or three minutes. (you still want it crunchy).continue grilling the onion and the pepper until they are flavored but still crunchy. place in refrigerator to cool down.
- zest the lemon, lime, and orange and set aside.
- squeeze juice from the lemon, lime, and orange and set aside.
- combine vinegar , dijon mustard, salt, pepper, citrus juices.
- chop the onion and pepper then cut the asparagus into thirds.
- combine dijon vinaigrette, citrus zest, and vegetables, then toss until evenly coated.
3.18 grams Protein
.78 grams Fat
8 ounces Egg Beaters
2 ounces Fat Free
1/8 tsp White Pepper
½ tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- beaters according to package directions
- Cool eggs for 30 minutes
- Combine egg beaters, FF Mayonnaise, white pepper, and red wine vinegar.
Yield: 5 – 2 ounce servings
4 grams Protein
.06 grams Fat
2.75 grams Carbs: