**Disclosure: I was entered for a chance to win a giftcard in exchange for this post. No monetary exchange took place and all opinions are my own.
As a Mother - there is one thing we all have in common, that we love to share those special moments that our family gives us. With so many social networking sites out there it can be hard to keep track of what you've posted and who you've posted it to. We can easily upload our pictures and video to friends and family on the net, but how about an easy to read digital time line? Fisher Price is a brand most of us grew up with, a brand we trust and a brand we feel comfortable enough with to hand over to our children. Fisher Price is now taking to to the next step, offering a digital time line complete with photos, videos, captions and stories. Even better is that you can create this live on your Facebook page.
" This extremely easy to use application (http://www.fpmoments.com/) allows you to create a personalized timeline by adding a date, location, caption, and even anecdotes to our images. You can upload new photos and videos or even use existing Facebook albums. The result is a scrollable, digital timeline that you can add to as your child grows. Since there are so many people who touch your child's life, you can even allow select friends and family to add to your masterpiece. And because privacy is always a concern among parents, you're able to control exactly who you're sharing your moments with." Now I did try this out on my Facebook page and I have a love / hate relationship with this app. Well...I wouldn't go as far as saying hate, but there are some aspects of it that I just did not like.
What I loved -
- Being able to add all my children & spouse complete with picture and birthdates
- Adding a story, description and date to all entries
- Something that would be appealing to friends and family
- Once set up it's quick and easy to use
- Allowed me to choose who I wanted to share it with
- Took quite a long time to set up - especially if your children are a bit older
- Having to go through all my pics to set up the time line
- I would love to see more options for older children/ adults
Don't just take my word for it - try it yourself